Growing sprouts and microgreens is fun and rewarding.
Growing alfalfa sprouts, radish sprouts, mung beans and broccoli sprouts, pea shoots and buckwheat sprouts are some of my favourite things to do. They grow quickly, taste great and they are really good for you. Within 2-14 days, depending on the variety, you are harvesting and eating your own produce!
Here are some of the benefits of growing your own food
- You know what’s in it and can be confident that it is pesticide and insecticide free
- It's quick! Within 7-14 days you will have fully grown produce.
- It's easy to grow and won't take up much room in your house.
- It gives you a direct connection to the food you consume - no middleman!
- It is sustainable and economical - no unnecessary packaging, no harmful toxins in the earth.
- It is a great activity to teach children about green living, food production and the growing cycle.
- It is good for your body and soul!